Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD)
Neptunus is the authorized sales and service distributor for Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc (EMD) in India. EMD, which is part of the Caterpillar group, is the world leader in manufacturing two cycle medium speed engines for marine, drilling, power generation and locomotive markets. The EMD 710 series engines is available in 8, 12, 16 and 20 cycle configurations with continuous power rating from 2000-5000 bhp. The simple and robust design of EMD’s two-cycle engine ensures performance, durability, reliability and maintainability.
EMD engine is the most responsive in the world. It is able to accept full load in one step and recover speed in 2 seconds. EMD’s rapid response allows for safer operations, less spinning horsepower, fuel savings and reduced component wear. All EMD engines are certified for EPA Tier III and IMO Tier II.
Neptunus has factory trained and qualified manpower to support and service EMD engines.
ELECTRO-MOTIVE DIESEL ENGINE SPECIFICATION
- World leader in manufacturing two cycle medium speed diesel
- The 710 series is available in 8, 12, 16 and 20 cylinder versions
- Simple and robust design
- MTBO is 30,000 hours
- Zero to full load speed recovery in less than 2 seconds
- Patented geared turbocharger for rapid response at low loads
- Meets US EPA Tier 3 and IMO Tier 2 requirements.
- All welded construction of block and frame
- Dry block cooling
EMD 710 Ratings and Configurations :
10% overload for every 2 hours out of 24 hours
Ratings include engine mounted oil, water and fuel pumps
Fuel consumption 195 gr/kWh
G4C-T2Stationary Power Applications
G9C-T2Drilling applications meeting MODU inclination requirements